Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Challenge

0 words

Okay, here's the situation -- ("my parents went away on a week's vacation, and -- they left the keys to the brandnew Porshe," courtesy my 90's mind and Will Smith).

I'm going to challenge myself to write in here every day for a year. I hesitate to type this because I'm afraid I'll fail, and it'll be just another thing to add to that long list... but I'm going to go for it.

I'll also post the number of words written that day. Here are a few excused reasons for not posting during the next year: Surgery (though I'm going to try to post before I go in). Death in the family (dear Lord, let's hope not). I can't think of any others. If I don't have access to internet for a day or two, I can write in Word and post when the internet returns.

So, here goes nothing. I have officially blogged on July 17, 2009. It begins. And now I sleep.

5 comments:

  1. Great goal! I can't wait to see the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, not that I don't admire you challenging yourself, but why the crap this? Why not challenge yourself to write at least 300 words of your novel every day? And that is my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH. Ha, I stand corrected. Way to NOT read the whole post. Yeah, I think this is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry, but are you writing about the keys to the Porsche? Either way, great idea! I am not a number of words writer, but I should be. I keep telling myself I will be. Not there yet. Right now I'm a get out a few pages before the kids come home and can't find the brownies writer.
    Best of Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very good idea. If you are having troubles writing perhaps try www.writeordie.com. It is an interesting and useful tool. Also, if any of those tragedies do befall you please do not stop writing. That is the human drama that inspires and provokes. In a sense - the good stuff. And I mean that in the most reverent way possible.

    brandonpiercegeary

    ReplyDelete