Sunday, May 10, 2009

Help me out -- what's your writing regimen?

I'm still alive, I promise!

I'm at mom's. Since graduation (woohoo!) I haven't written one fictional word of substance. It's only been a week, and I've been with mom since, so I'll not be too hard on myself. I'll try to set up a good writing regimen when I get home tomorrow night.

Help me out in setting paramaters:

1. What are some good guidelines for starting a writing regimen?

2. What sort of writing schedule do you try to keep on?

p.s. I did it! A master's in English is aaaaaaaallll mine!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on graduating!!

    I don't have a set regiment that I follow so I'm probably not much help. What I'm discovering works for me is to think and feel my way through a scene beforehand. I daydream about it at work, in bed (much to the detriment of my sleep), while I'm ironing... and by the time I sit down to write, the scene is so real in my head that the words fly off my fingertips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Congrats on your degree!!!!!!!! So proud : )

    As you probably know by now, I don't have a writing regimen. I'm the exact opposite of all the things you're supposed to do lol.

    I think the most important thing to do is to write. I know that sounds stupid, but it's sort of like exercising a muscle. Some days it's a struggle, but I make sure to write every day. That way, when inspiration comes I can just fly ... and when I'm stuck in the doldrums, at least I've got something.

    Congrats again ; )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete