Thursday, April 30, 2009

Schizophrenia Becomes Me

And I'm doing so much better today. For one thing all of my schoolwork is finished and turned in.

That's HUGE. Second, I got a call from the community college, and they want me for second session of summer. It's teaching 1 or 2 courses for 10 weeks and should turn into a year long gig with them.

I'm disappointed that I don't get to wallow in my summer, travel with my family, and spend my days writing, but overall, we need the money, and in this economy, I'm just going to be grateful.

Mom and dad come tomorrow night. It's been so long that I haven't had an assignment hanging over me... I keep remembering that it's okay to stay up late, read fun books, and surf the web, and it's just... wow. What a feeling.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! Read fun books, stay up late! Enjoy the folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, maybe you were just depressed because you sensed the huge release right around the corner. I'd like to think that's my problem today, lol. I've been looking forward to this weekend for MONTHS. When someone finally reads my screenplay and I get to hear whether I'm going crazy or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Relief! Blessed relief : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! Congratulations on the job!
    I love having parents around when life is slow, telling old stories, having Mom cook, staying up late. It sounds like the perfect way
    to just relax. Now, if you can just remember how to do that.

    ReplyDelete