Sunday, April 26, 2009

If she knew what she wants

I don't know what I want. Something tells me this would all be easier if I did.

I have a meeting tomorrow morning with a woman at a local college. There are no open positions there, just the possibility of adjunct work in the fall. And I know I want to teach, so I have that, but I don't know where I want to teach. I was all set on teaching at this local community college -- flexible hours, huge creative writing program -- and then I start getting greedy. Thinking about how nice it'd be to be at a four year university, though I suppose that could come in time.

And I need to finish my novel. Meet with some people, shake a few hands, kiss a few babies (and butts?).

Life is never slowing down.

3 comments:

  1. Teaching at a community college is a great stepping stone into a university. And some amazing and qualified professors choose to remain at the CC level because it's more personal and less bureaucratic.
    Either way, what a great career path! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,
    So...what happened? Any word yet? It's awfully nice to get what we want when we want it. At least that's what I've heard!
    Fingers crossed for you, and a big Thank You for the Lemon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all went well today : )

    Based on everything I've read on your blog, you need to be teaching in some way, shape, or form. You're just too good not to be!

    ReplyDelete