Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"If I could turn the page in time, then I'd rearrange just a day or two"

"Little Lies" always reminds me of being on the brink of 16, feeling dangerous yet completely in control -- self-conscious and sexy, standing on the precipice of adulthood.

All songs can give me a sense of the place and time they became part of my life's soundtrack, but that one is stronger than most.

I'm sitting in a Pizza Hut, and my hair looks good for once. My friends are rowdy and we are so young, so powerful. The edges are softened and curled -- it's a well-loved photograph of a moment that always comes on the notes of Fleetwood Mac.

Tell me lies. Yeah, that actually sums up high school fairly well.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the soundtrack of life. Sometimes I wish I'd written it down along the way : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just downloaded Little Lies onto my Ipod this past weekend because I heard it on my 80's digital radio station and forgot how much I love it!

    ReplyDelete