Sunday, April 19, 2009

Cheers

I've decided that at some point after graduation, when the boys and Mike are still in school and working and I have my days all to myself, I'm going to buy some champagne and drink it, all by myself with some chocolate and a good chick flick.

I don't normally drink at all, but I've got a bit of a soft spot for a little champagne.

I'm such a bum. I should be working on that final paper, but I've completely wasted two full weeks now. Motivation? Left. Gone.

In two weeks I will walk, shake some old guy's hand, and accept a diploma for the degree of a master's in English. I am 36 years old, and now I've got to find a job. Hmmm... yeah.

I should probably feel worse than I do. Ever the optimist, I can't help but see the whole thing as an adventure. I will write that novel. I will explore all possibilities. I will jump.

3 comments:

  1. I love champagne, and love it even more mixed with orange juice. And now I want a Mimosa!

    I think you probably deserve a day to yourself such as you described, so go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling huge pride on your behalf ... it's not easy to get a master's in English (yes, I'm speaking from experience, as you know :-)) and balancing marriage and children in the meantime ... you go, girl : ) As for the champagne, chocolate, and chick flicks? We all go there sometimes ... ride it out. You've done amazing things and will continue to do many, many more : )

    ReplyDelete