Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Table for Two, Please

I love seeing people on their first date. They're easy to spot-- the nervous fidgeting, the darting looks down to the menu and up at the person across from them. They give off an energy, sometimes forcing others within the zone of their awkwardness to feel it as well.

One of my favorite things about being married, you know after the love and sex bit-- is the end of first dates. We go to a restaurant and the silence is okay, the conversation is easy, and we can re-dip in the appetizer. It's a little like wearing pajamas to the store.

I'm going out tonight and I'm looking forward to being able to pick at his plate and have him finish my inevitable leftovers.

3 comments:

  1. I like your post. It's so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a definite comfort to marriage ... you're able to enjoy things without the stress and pressure of trying to impress. You're also able to reflect on people on their first date :-)

    ReplyDelete