Monday, March 23, 2009

Family Ties

I think mom and dad are coming for a visit this Wednesday. They live about 8 hours away, but dad is a professor and is on spring break. He and mom are spending the week with my brother and his wife and my sister and her husband and all of their kids in our hometown-- but are going to drive to see us (just 1 1/2 hours away) for a night or two. I can't wait. I absolutely LOVE my parents. Ha, that sounds sarcastic, but it's not. They're the best friends I've got, two people in the world who still love me unconditionally and will always be there for me. I don't like to think about the fact that they are getting a little up in years.

Anyway. I have to finish my thesis this week. Just sit down and write another 40 pages or so (haha, no problem), get ready for and enjoy mom and dad's company, and prepare for a reading of my work this Friday at the university.

Bah, humbug. I'd rather have nothing but mom and dad going on.

I'm thinking of my boys this morning and sent up some prayers. If you're inclined to do so, please join me in praying for Jay and Brad.

<3

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your thesis! How wonderful you get along so well with your parents! That is a true blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all is going well in what sounds like a potentially both difficult and amazing week : )

    ReplyDelete